Monday, June 9, 2008

Just Like Highschool

I remember the instances when I, with my puffy eyes, had to come in late at class for the nth time. I hesitantly walked my way into my chair while the teacher was half through her discussion. I didn't mind the humiliation I will get from my teacher. What I thought of that time was what will my friends and classmates say. But then again, they already knew why and I was glad they were always there... just there... for me.

It's hard to live in a country far away from you true and longtime pals. I have friends from different generations, different countries, and different cultures, yet it is still not the same. My real chums can never be replaced. Also, it is difficult to be open about certain things to friends you've only met for how many months. It's not because you don't want to trust them, but iba talaga. Sometimes, I feel like bursting.

Namimiss ko lang mga kaibigan ko. Yung mga taong kulang nalang sampalin ka at sabihan ka ng "Ayan ka nanaman," pero hindi nila ginagawa yun. Yung mga open 24/7. Yung mga mahal ka unconditionally at di nagsasawa sa mga kahinaa't katopakan mo. Yung mga pwedeng mong iyakan hanggang matuyo na ang mga mata mo. Yung mga tutulungan mo din at sasamahan sa problema't saya. These are the buddies one makes from elementary, highschool, college, clubs, and orgs. These are the people you didn't ask to have, they just came and then stayed. These are the guys who won't leave you, who will be the best lending ears anyone could wish for, and who will surely be strong for you.

Lalo na sa mga oras tulad nito...

*guada

salamat!